[Zope-CMF] Understanding Folders and Workflow

Carl Rendell cer@sol43.com
Fri, 4 Oct 2002 13:16:29 -0700

A few of us have been discussing Folders and Workflow, and I'd like
to get some closure on the subject.

So far it appears that any folderish type which is governed by
workflow will, on its initial workflow state change (private to
published) change the allowedRolesAndUsers attribute for items
within the folder's branch.

This only occurs on the initial state transition though. Subciquent
retraction/rejection and publishing does not have the same effect.

The questions are..

Is this a bug, or by design?

Should something be changed to make the behavior more consistent?

Are folders or folderish types _supposed_ to be controlled via workflow?

The environment is:

Zope 2.5.1
CMF 1.3

I, and perhaps others, would really like to understand this more.

~C

Carl E. Rendell
Solution43
Information Distribution Consulting        |   "Ahhhh the power of
cer@sol43.com                              |    acquisition"  - Chef Z