[Zope-CMF] trivial new portal folder type gives weird workflow/security behavior?

Florent Guillaume fg@nuxeo.com
Sun, 6 Oct 2002 17:58:52 +0200

> One solution would be to make _modifyPermissionMappings *not* look at
> acquired permissions (which depend on the parents) when deciding what to
> do to the map. Another would be to reuse the slightly different logic
> that DCWorkflow has to change permission mappings.

Note that in any case there's no way to do those role/permission mapping
changes completely cleanly until we have tri-state settings in this
matrix (read: until Zope 3).

In Zope 2 there's no way to say "from here on block this role for this
permission". We can only say "from here on block all roles for this
permission but allow those".

Zope 3 has learned from that.

Florent