[Zope-CMF] cmf dogbowl re-visited (or: looking for the 1.4 roadmap)

Yuppie schubbe@web.de
Sat, 12 Oct 2002 15:25:00 +0200

Hi!

I know. Google is your friend. Use the source, Luke!
But never try to find something useful at cmf.zope.org!

Today I ignored all warnings. Looking for information about the future
of CMF, I visited the dogbowl.

'Project Management Artifacts' seems to be the category I'm looking for.
<http://cmf.zope.org/projmgmt>
That's what I found:

- Related Resources
     o  'CMF (aka PTK) Tracker' - a link to the old tracker
     o  'cmf-checkins Mailing List Archive' - ok
     o  'zope-ptk Mailing List Archive' - a nostalgic link with redirect
        to zope-cmf
     o  'Searchable Archives of zope-cmf' - ok

- Folders
     o  'Minutes from Project Meetings' - empty
     o  'Project Schedule' - some old roadmaps

Let's have a closer look at the 'CMF 1.3 Roadmap':
<http://cmf.zope.org/projmgmt/project_schedule/roadmap_1_3>

All the 'New Features' didn't make it into CMF 1.3. Is this the CMF 1.4
roadmap?

There are two links to proposals of 'Proposed Enhancements':
<http://cmf.zope.org/rqmts/proposals>

An impressive collection. But what is the state of these proposals? They
all seem to be at least 1 year old.

Ok. One level up again - 'Requirements Artifacts':
<http://cmf.zope.org/rqmts>

- Content
     o  'Acceptance Plan' - a placeholder?
- Folders
     o  'Project Glossary' - Resource not found
     o  'Proposed Enhancements' - see above
     o  'New CMF Use Cases' - don't think I want to read that now

That's it?
What did you say? Use the source?

<http://cvs.zope.org/CMF/CHANGES.txt?rev=1.120>

Some of the (__future__) items I know from the 'CMF 1.3 Roadmap'. Is
this the CMF 1.4 roadmap?

That's it?
What did you say? I didn't check the related resources?

- 'CMF (aka PTK) Tracker' and collector
     o  8 unresolved tracker issues
     o  collector is down (Could not connect to remote machine)
- 'Searchable Archives of zope-cmf'
     o  Announcement of 'Content-Management in Zope 3'
<http://dev.zope.org/Wikis/DevSite/Projects/ComponentArchitecture/ContentManagementProjectsForZope3>
     o  Some 'Future CMF' discussion

That's it?
What did you say? Google is your friend?
No. I'm finished with dog food.

Yuppie