[Zope-CMF] workflow, folders, permissions

Mark McEahern mark@mceahern.com
Wed, 16 Oct 2002 18:29:23 -0500

[Doug Hellmann [mailto:doug@hellfly.net]]
> I've got a site set up similar to this.  I used permissions on the
> folders to allow the users to add content there (it may have been
> enough to allow "Add portal content", you might also want the edit
> permission).  The user just navigates to where they want the new
> content to go, and create it.  The workflow code does not care where
> the object is, so I didn't have to do anything special to the
> workflow setup.

Thanks for the reply.  I prefer this option to doing something like "move on
publish" because it seems like that opens a whole can of worms (e.g., if the
reviewer later retracts the content, do you move it back to the original
author's member folder?).

I seem to have it working.  What I ended up doing--based in part on your's
and Paul Winkler's suggestions--was to grant the following permissions:

  Access contents information
  Add portal content
  List folder contents
  View

to a custom role called "Authors" in the /pr/ folder.  I still don't know
how to restrict the allowed content types.

Slowly but surely...

Thanks,

// mark

-