[Zope-CMF] cmf dogbowl re-visited (or: looking for the 1.4 roadmap)

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Thu, 17 Oct 2002 10:43:29 +0100

alan runyan wrote:
> Yes.  I got really busy and wrote a up a very quick roadmap that came from
> the chat.

Is the chat logged anywhere?

> It seemed people thought CMF1.4 should focus on:
>
>   - refactoring:
>
>     -  move Core tools into CMFCore, i.e. URLTool
>
>     -  make CMFDefault (optional)
>
>   - un-hardwire the /Members in the portal_membership

Good :-)

>   - add Adrian Hungates CMF Product Installer
>
>   - most likely incorporate CMFTypes

Then a CMFDefault excercising of these interfaces needs to be provided.
I haven't used CMFTypes but I like the idea, I just can't really stomach Plone's
use of Javascript and CSS, so I'd like those to not end up in CMFCore ;-)

>   - move some of Plones functionality into CMF
>
>     - CustomizationPolicy
>
>     - make portal_properties a container of propertysheets

Where are these described? I haven't used them, and it makes me (hopefully
unecessarily) nervous.

> the waist side.  The plone developers most certainly want to get
> most of the framework pieces out of Plone - moving some into Products
> and others into CMF.

Well, I hope there'll be consensus on how to do this. Like I said, I have
concerns because I don't use Plone for some good reasons, but if there's good
lean infrastructure that can be taken from it, I'm all for it :-)

cheers,

Chris