[Zope-CMF] Add CMF Sites

Mark McEahern mark@mceahern.com
Thu, 17 Oct 2002 17:02:57 -0500

[Tres Seaver [mailto:tseaver@zope.com]]
> Check out CMFDefault.initialize()::
>
>     context.registerClass(Portal.CMFSite,
>                           constructors=(Portal.manage_addCMFSiteForm,
>                                         Portal.manage_addCMFSite,
>                                         ),
>                           icon='portal.gif')
>
> Zope's ProductContext synthesizes the add permission using the class
> metatype, if no permission is passed explicitly.

Thanks for the reply!  Is there a reason other than historical why that
permission isn't defined explicitly a la CMFCorePermissions?

I should gander at the code for synthesizing the permission.  From the
results, it looks like it does this:

  CMFSite --> Add CMF Sites

Does that mean, fer instance, it would do this:

  CMFPhenomenon --> Add CMF Phenomenons

<wink>

Cheers,

// m