[Zope-CMF] dev question on CMFDefault.__init__.py

Mark McEahern mark@mceahern.com
Fri, 18 Oct 2002 17:24:15 -0500

In CMFDefault/__init__.py (CMF 1.3 final) there's no apparent rationale for
why some stuff is done outside of the initialize() method and some stuff is
done inside it; e.g., z_bases is assigned on line 107, outside of
initialize(), then it's used inside initialize().

I'm trying to understand __init__.py so that I can capture my customizations
of CMFDefault without having to manually perform them each time I create the
Portal in the ZMI.

Any insights anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated.

I'd be happy to refactor __init__.py, if that's what it needs, once I
understand it.  <wink>

Cheers,

// m

-