[Zope-CMF] dev question on CMFDefault.__init__.py

hazmat hazmat@objectrealms.net
Fri, 18 Oct 2002 20:39:50 -0700

On Friday 18 October 2002 07:24 pm, Mark McEahern wrote:
> [hazmat [mailto:hazmat@objectrealms.net]]
>
> > for your use case it would be a lot easier to capture your
> > customization in an external method that manipulates the new portal,
> > or if your using plone, this amounts to a new customization policy.
>
> Thank you for the suggestion.  That's probably what I'll end up doing.
>
> Still, the question remains.  It's most likely my ignorance, but it strikes
> me that __init__.py could be written in a way to make what it's doing a lot
> more explicit--and if it were more explicit, it would be a lot easier to
> understand.  But maybe I just lack the deep knowledge about Zope Products
> that would make __init__.py's machinations obvious and transparent.

many things are non obvious when your using talking about zclasses, imo. i'd
imagine the placement of the initialziation stuff is either chance, or
because of ordering requirements.

> Is there a more appropriate forum for me to ask about this stuff?

this is the right place, but most probably people don't want to know :-)

if your interested in initialization as a matter of writing your own products,
i would take a look at some of the other cmf products.

-cheers

haz