[Zope-CMF] How to replace a folder object?

Robert Rottermann robert@redcor.ch
Tue, 29 Oct 2002 09:59:21 +0100

every state can call two scripts.
one before it is reached
one just after it has been reached.
Within these you can update an object.
If the object you are updating is the one that gets its state changed, you
have to be careful how to handle permissions, and you have to inform the
"environment" that the object that happened to be here has disappeared and
has been replaced by an other one.

If you would like to, I can send you a sample of a workflow that moves files
around.

Robert
----- Original Message -----
From: "Paul Naveen Raj Jeyaraj" <Paul_Jeyaraj@infosys.com>
To: <zope-cmf@zope.org>
Sent: Tuesday, October 29, 2002 7:13 AM
Subject: [Zope-CMF] How to replace a folder object?

Hi,

As part of our workflow implementation we need to replace an already
existing folder object with an updated one. This should be done on a click
of the mouse. Say, if the reviewer clicks the publish link the updated
object should replace the existing one. Any pointers on how to go about
would be helpful. Thank you.

Regards,
Paul.