[Zope-CMF] Two Zope installations in the same machine

Michael McLay mclay@nist.gov
Mon, 2 Sep 2002 09:44:23 -0400

On Monday 02 September 2002 08:21 am, mcolli@SyscomCipher.com.ar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have installed two Zopes in the same machine in order to use one of them
> as a development environment and the other as production. I have changed
> the ports in the start file so that I can enter both of them. But, I would
> like to know if there may be problems doing this or if anybody has tried it
> before...

It works very well on Linux and I use it all the time. I start the stable
release using the default port assignments and use "python z2.py -P 7000" to
move the the http and ftp ports on the development release to port 7080,
7021, etc.