[Zope-CMF] "/view" questions/problems ...

Jean-Francois.Doyon@CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca Jean-Francois.Doyon@CCRS.NRCan.gc.ca
Thu, 5 Sep 2002 17:16:20 -0400

Hello,

I have noticed that such default components as the actions_box and
folder_contents like to append a "/view" to everything ...

This was causing me problems because I was using "private functions in
restricted mode" (or something like that, without the /view everything
works, with the /view I got that error).

For a while, I had removed the /view thing from the actions_box and the
folder_contents, and all was going well.  Now I have run into a =
situation
where I *need* it back.  In order to publish a CMF Image, the user has =
see the actions_box, and for that to happen, I need =
image.gif/image_view or
image.gif/view to get called (since simply calling the image only =
displays
the image, which doesn't help since the actions_box is not there).
so I figure I might a well just stick the "/view" back in there the way =
it
was meant to be and learn to live with it.

So I did some changes to remove the problem with "restricted mode
functions", and that works well.  The problem now is that it seems =
/view
does something funny to my paths.  I now get broken images in my =
documents
that have images linked with "../" ... This is a rather huge deal as a =
LOT
of our content (CMF Default DocumentS) has such things in it, but =
content
providers are going to freak if they start seeing broken images all =
over
their texts.

So exactly WHAT does this /view do? why? How do I get around these =
problems
(without completely reworking the actions_box and folder_contents that =
is,
and any other that might use /view. such as the publishing mechanism)?

Any insight into this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Jean-Fran=E7ois Doyon
Internet Service Development and Systems Support
GeoAccess Division
Canadian Center for Remote Sensing
Natural Resources Canada
http://atlas.gc.ca