[Zope-CMF] Integrating standard_html_header header with Plone skins

Phil Glaser StillSmallVoice@DirectvInternet.com
Fri, 6 Sep 2002 08:34:58 -0400

>From: zope-cmf-admin@zope.org [mailto:zope-cmf-admin@zope.org]On Behalf
>Of Chris Withers
>> I am trying to use ZUBB in Plone.
>
>IIRC, ZUBB is DTML, and Plone is actively developed in ZPT.

Yes, that's the whole frickin' problem. What I ended up doing, for now, is
create an alternate version of the header zpt file wherein the javascript
includes that would normally go into the main_template are inlcuded in the
header instead. What I should have done was to include the javasscripts in
the standard_html_header file so I don't end up with two versions of header
(duh) but I didn't have time to look up how to do that. I had another
problem relating to how the object context ends up in the ZPT file but I
hacked around that, too, and will report more on that when I have time to
characterize the problem more formally.

Basically, I think the Plone implementation of standard_html_header needs a
bit more work (at least I hope that's all).

>I think you should tackle what you're trying to achieve in a different way.

I agree that ZPT rules and DTML is retro, but there's a lot of DTML-based
products out there. We really need to make it possible to integrate them
painlessly with Plone. I got it to work just fine for me although not in an
architecturally correct way -- I'll be working on that soon.

>Swishdot would solve your needs, but I'm still struggling to fidn
>the necessary
>funding or time (either would do :-S) to get the development done :-(

Is Swishdot intended to be a new and improved blogger? I'm really looking
for a traditional threaded discussion forum. What direction is Swishdot
going in? If it's close to doing what I need for my project I may be able to
put some time into it . . .

--Phil