[Zope-CMF] HELP-cannot publish folder as manager-HTTPResponse.py

Carl Rendell cer@sol43.com
Tue, 17 Sep 2002 13:49:38 -0700

On Tuesday, September 17, 2002, at 09:00  AM, zope-cmf-
request@zope.org wrote:

> Message: 2
> Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 16:44:20 +0100
> From: Chris Withers <chrisw@nipltd.com>
> To: Florent Guillaume <fg@nuxeo.com>
> CC:  zope-cmf@zope.org
> Subject: Re: [Zope-CMF] HELP-cannot publish folder as 	manager-HTTPResponse.
> py,
>  line 492, in notFoundError
>
> Florent Guillaume wrote:
>> That's my diagnostic as well. Folders _are_ workflowable but it takes
>> some tweaks to content_status_modify to correctly do its redirect.
>
> Well, theyr'e not supposed to be!
>
> Only SkinnableFolder-based types are supposed to be workflowed, so
> watch out for
> other weirdness ;-)

A question for both of you and perhaps others. Is there any reason
why '/view' _has_ to be inserted into the redirect in
content_status_modify? I've removed it from my installations and
have not run into any issues. Since the view action is implied, I'm
not sure it is necessary.

Also, you need to clean up search.pt to review '/view' as well:

tal:define="global objURL python: results.getURL() + '/view'"

If you want the links in search results to work properly for
SkinnableFolder-based types.

~C