[Zope-CMF] HELP-cannot publish folder as manager-HTTPResponse.py

Tres Seaver tseaver@zope.com
18 Sep 2002 09:51:35 -0400

On Tue, 2002-09-17 at 18:20, Florent Guillaume wrote:
> Hmmm I thought I mentionned that somewhere in the past.
>
> '/view' has to be inserted for contentish types otherwise images and
> files (whose base url has the meaning "download") would not be treated
> correctly.

I have a workaround for this problem, which I will probably land on the
head RSN:

  - Add a new (FS)PythonScript, 'search_suffix', which tests the
    'portal_type' of its context and returns either '/view' (for Image,
    File, etc.) or '' (the default).

  - Add 'search_suffix' to the catalog's schema.

  - Reindex the catalog.

  - Modify the 'search' template to concatenate the absolute URL with
    the value of the brain's 'search_suffix'.

Perhaps a better implementation would be to add a 'search_suffix'
property to the TypeInformation base class, and then have the method
return the property from its context's type.