[Zope-CMF] Re: [Plone-developers] CMF NewsFeed / News aggregation

Andy McKay andy@agmweb.ca
Thu, 19 Sep 2002 16:16:02 -0700

> nastiness going on in that development community. death threats and
> slander... makes me glad to be a zoper :-)

Actually I would ignore the whole community totally except several feeds are
now being done in 2.0.

> portal_rss_tool_thingy, which does catalog search to aggregate all the
> channels, to expose an xml-rpc api to update the channels. it also
provides a
> point to provide some constraints on allowable channels, and whatever
other
> things need to get hacked in to the system.

Sounds good. I suppose most people just update feeds at a regular interval,
but in theory feeds should be updated according their updatePeriod /
Frequency whatever.

> RSS Document thingy, an rss content type, parses remote syndication feeds.
>
> RSS Item thingy, represents an individual item.

Yup exactly what i was thinking. Cant spot anything wrong with that, its all
pretty straight forward really.

> check, its easy to be zeo compatible if you ignore zeo ;-)

Yeah and the filesystem ;)
--
  Andy McKay
  Agmweb Consulting