[Zope-CMF] Implicitly Addable (global allow)

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Fri, 20 Sep 2002 09:20:33 +0100

Carl Rendell wrote:
> I'm wondering if anyone uses this toggle on products, and if so how?

I added the functionality, so sure, I use it ;-)

If you untoggle this, then the content type is only addable to other content
types that have it selected in their 'allowed content types' list.

So, if you have, say, a Page made up of Paragraphs, then you'd uncheck
implicitly addable for Paragraph and select it in the allowed content types list
of Page.

> implementation of a filter. In that vein, I'm wondering if anyone is
> toggling Implicitly Addable off, and adding these portal types via a
> method other than invokeFactory()?

AFAIK, there is no other method that with create content types properly...

cheers,

Chris