[Zope-CMF] multiple publish of Documents, Images

Jens Hauser Jens Hauser" <hauser@jam-gmbh.de
Fri, 20 Sep 2002 11:50:18 +0200

Hi Florent,

I solved the problem (for my situation ;-)

I just changed my script to contain a try/ except statement, which doesn't
produce any output put simply skips those objects which can't be published.
I think, in fact the problem comes from folders which can't be published at my
site.

#########CUT
wf_tool = context.portal_workflow
stack = [context]
for object in stack:
    if object.isPrincipiaFolderish:
         children = object.contentValues()
         for child in children:
           if not child.id in ['allgemeines','img','pdf','aktuelles',
                         'Members','news']:
             stack.append(child)
    try:
      wf_tool.doActionFor( object, 'publish', comment="auto published" )
    except:
      print
#########CUT

This script publishes everything in the actual folder and all subfolders which
is not named "allgemeines", "img, ...

Thanks to all,

Jens

On Thu, 19 Sep 2002 13:16:52 +0000 (UTC), Florent Guillaume wrote:

>Do a try/except around doActionFor to identify which object has
>problems. Then for that object check which workflows it effectively
>follows in the Workflow tab of the ZMI for that object. That'll help
>diagnose things.
>
>Florent
>
>Jens Hauser <hauser@jam-gmbh.de> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> yes, it's me again... :-(
>>

>> I can reduce my problem to the following situation:
>>
>> If I use Chris' original script I get the error message listed below -
>> workflow exception.
>>
>> ##############CUT original script
>> wf_tool = context.portal_workflow
>> stack = [context]
>> for object in stack:
>>      wf_tool.doActionFor( object, 'publish', comment="Your comment" )
>>      if object.isPrincipiaFolderish:
>>         children = objects.contentValues()
>>         for child in children:
>>           if not id in ['allgemeines','img','pdf','aktuelles',
>>                         'Members','news','thumbs']:
>>             stack.append(child)
>> ##############CUT original script
>>
>> If I reduce the script to publish only an actual image (and do not look for
>> any subdirectories within the actual directory, that very special image is
>> published. Seems like some of the objects within the directory cannot be
>> published or lead into the given error...
>>
>> Anybody out there with an idea? It's blowing my mind ...
>>
>> Regards,
>> Jens

>> publish_module
>> 363,
>--
>Florent Guillaume, Nuxeo (Paris, France)
>+33 1 40 33 79 87  http://nuxeo.com  mailto:fg@nuxeo.com

>See http://collector.zope.org/CMF for bug reports and feature requests

j.a.m. GmbH
Computer, Systemberatung, Webhosting, Softwareentwicklung
Eschersheimer Landstraße 471
60431 Frankfurt am Main
fon (069) 46 09 88 - 13
fax (069) 46 09 88 - 78