[Zope-CMF] Path indexes

Miles Waller miles@jamkit.com
Fri, 20 Sep 2002 10:50:41 +0100

wow! that was quick!

the bit I find confusing though is that the subobjects haven't really
changed, so having to explicitly reindex each of them seems a bit
counter-intuitive.  plus on my site renaming can be done by a non-technical
editor, so i either set it up to reindex automatically after every renaming,
or i have to get them to remember which folders have to be reindexed, and
give them a reindex button...

plus when there are lots of subobjects reindexing takes time - it'd be nice
to avoid all of this if the path index knew that renaming affected
subobjects and sorted them out, without having to reindex all their
properties.

maybe i'm just lazy, but ...