[Zope-CMF] FS Directory View and "Advanced Production Site Setup"

Paul Winkler pw_lists@slinkp.com
Tue, 24 Sep 2002 13:01:19 -0700

Has anybody tried setting up cmf (or plone) on a site set up
as described at http://www.zope.org/Members/dshaw/AdvancedSiteSetup?
Specifically, putting downloaded products in a directory called
OtherProducts and adding that to Zope's products path?

I find that my existing CMF sites fail - all pages give
"Resource not found". Also, adding a new CMF site fails with
a resource not found error on Resource:
http://prod-zope-knox01:8080/fafe/finish_portal_construction.

A little examination of my existing cmf / plone sites reveals that
all the skins are broken because the Filesystem Directory Views
are pointed at the wrong directory. What's more, changing them
to point to the right directory, and clicking reload, has no noticeable affect  - they still show up empty.  This is true whether I use an
absolute path or a relative path (e.g. /zope/OtherProducts/CMFCalendar/skins/...  or ../OtherProducts/etc.  or just OtherProducts/etc.)

Looks like CMF insists on being installed in a directory called
Products, regardless of the product load path given to Zope.
I assume this is a bug in DirectoryView.py, but from looking
at the source, I don't really understand what it's doing.
There's a DirectoryRegistry which seems to hold the list
of available directories for which to present a view; but
I don't see where the list of allowed directories is set.
When I try to add a Filesystem Directory View outside of CMF,
it will only let me point it to things that match Products/CMF*/skins/*
... which is weird because those directories no longer exist as such,
they are all /zope/OtherProducts/CMF*...

Any ideas? Anyone?

--

Paul Winkler
"Welcome to Muppet Labs, where the future is made - today!"