[Zope-CMF] Plone-CMF (Was: Dublin Core Metadata)

Erik Lange erik@mmmanager.org
Sat, 28 Sep 2002 07:39:52 +0200

Please Alan,

What a  load of bullshit you're letting out.. honestly :-(

"Plone is a 'realization' of the CMF." - what's wrong with CMF ?

It might have been buggy when you started on Plone , but today it's quite
heavy.

I don't see any reason for another CMF-core product, and belive the
community is wasting a lot of time by developing in two different directions.

"Any CMF product should work just fine w/ Plone."

Are  we now talking Zope-CMF or Plone-CMF ?

Why dosn't Plone work with any CMF-product ? Why does it have to be the
other way around ? Where's the framework in that approach ?

A standard CMF product fits in the standard framework - Plone doesn't, but
is inventing it's own framework rather than using the standards set by
others. The result may be the same in the end, but with double work. And
presently only CMF works in a consistent way, while Plone is changing it's
mind every week or so.

I feel you own it to this community, to tell that what you're actually
doing with Plone, is that you're forking the CMF to make it into your own
commercial product... when was it you said you're closing the code ? At 1.0
final ? Or have you changed strategy on this one too ?

Regards,
Erik