[Zope-CMF] Re: Plone-CMF

Jan Ulrich Hasecke janulrich.hasecke@web.de
Sun, 29 Sep 2002 15:16:06 +0200

Erik Lange <erik@mmmanager.org> writes:

> I feel you own it to this community, to tell that what you're actually
> doing with Plone, is that you're forking the CMF to make it into your
> own commercial product... when was it you said you're closing the code
> ? At 1.0 final ? Or have you changed strategy on this one too ?

Is this true? I never heard about that. I always thought that plone
will stay open source.

Am I going the wrong way?

My reasons to use plone are very simple. It is easy to setup up a good
looking site with plone, the standard cmf-site is very ugly and not
usable out-of-the-box.

I am not a programmer, so that I only can modify the look of the site
and customized some minor issues.

But what will I do in one or two years, when plone is closed source?

Could you please shed some light on this?

Ciao!
juh