[Zope-CMF] Information and Questions on CMFExternalFile

Carl Rendell cer@sol43.com
Sat, 5 Apr 2003 10:53:27 -0800

Finally got around to playing with CMFOptions - specifically CMFExtFile
and CMFExtImage.

For the most part everything went together fine once I had the patch
from Tres.. Thanks Tres!

However, I'm having a couple of issues with CMFExtImage that I've been
unable to isolate:

1. Image Size for jpeg - The CMF implementation uses the same code as
OFS.Image to provide image width and height for the image tag, but with
and hight for jpeg images are not rendered - all other types (gif, and
png) render fine.

Looking at the modified ExtImage product I found that the PIL call in
the private method '_getImageSize' had been commented out. Changing it
back to what was in the standard (non CMFOption) version of ExtImage
fixed this issue. It does make the product dependent upon PIL though.

2. Image Preview - I'm still working on this one, but for the moment
I'm unable to get Preview Images generated even after modifying the
dtml to pass the preview information. Note: the preview info has been
omitted from the CMF version of the ExtFile dtml forms.

Questions -

For number one - is anyone having similar issues with jpeg width and
height attributes when creating image tags via the .tag method? If so,
was a different method employed to accomplish this (as opposed to using
PIL)?

For number two - is anyone using the preview functionality of ExtImage,
and if so how was this accomplished?

I'm in the process of changing the product(s) to be closer to the
current CMF product types with page templates for forms, and python
scripts for the edit/change functionality. I'm more than willing to
package the whole thing up and put it out on zope.org once I've
resolved the issues with jpeg size and preview images.

Thanks,

~C

Carl E. Rendell
Solution43
Information Distribution and Process Consulting
cer@sol43.com
sol43.com