[Zope-CMF] metadata: enforce vocabulary

Rob Boyd boydrobh@yahoo.com
Wed, 9 Apr 2003 09:11:09 -0700 (PDT)

Is the intent of the 'enforce vocabulary' option in
the metadata tool to disallow entry of arbitrary
values into the Subject (or other elements)?

For a particular content type, I am supplying a
vocabulary for the Subject element, and checking the
enforce option.  When I edit the metadata for an
instance of that content type, I can type in a string
into the Subject textarea that does not equal a value
in my vocabulary, and can update the content with that
change. I know it goes into effect because Topics
querying for that 'non-allowed' subject keyword will
find it.  I'm using CMF 1.3.1, btw.  Am I missing the
point about what 'enforce vocabulary' is supposed to
do?

Thanks,
Rob