[Zope-CMF] Best Practice for large files in CMF?

Rob Boyd boydrobh@yahoo.com
Fri, 18 Apr 2003 07:29:34 -0700 (PDT)

I'm developing my first CMF site that will potentially
have large files uploaded to it, including
documentation and software releases for download.
What are people's experiences/recommendations for best
implementing this?  I've used ExternalFile for
non-CMF, and thought I'd do something similar in this
case, or as I see it, other options are:

- standard CMF File in the ZODB (not preferred)

- CMFOptions, which seems out of date (I run Zope
2.6.1 and CMF 1.3.1), though there's a patch for using
with 1.3 - assume it works with 1.3.1?

- use AdaptableStorage for the folders containing
content that I don't want going into the ZODB.

Comments?

Thanks,
Rob