[Zope-CMF] Limit publishable content types

Hamish Harvey david.harvey@bristol.ac.uk
Tue, 22 Apr 2003 17:42:07 +0100

On Tuesday 22 Apr 2003 5:36 pm, Michael Havard wrote:
> I found a way to do this, although it's wasn't readily apparent to me.
> If you go into the portal_types folder and then click on a portal type and
> look at security and set the "View" access for the particular roles. This
> can remove the item from the folder_factories output. Effectively disabling
> the user from being able to add that content type.

Unfortunately this also stops said roles from *seeing* content of that type
that has already been created. The use case at issue here is that there are
certain types which we want only some roles to be able to create, but all
roles (or at least more roles) to be able to see.

> It's not as ideal as I would like (having a centralized place to change
> this) but it functions.

Doesn't the types tool qualify as a centralised place?

Cheers,
Hamish