[Zope-CMF] Filesystem skins with extension

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 24 Apr 2003 21:29:47 +0200

Gitte Wange wrote at 2003-4-24 14:04 +0200:
 > I am trying to use some javascript files in my skins.
 > The skins are located on the filesystem.
 > Now the files are named e.g. somescript.js
 > Inside the skin directory in zope, the skin is only named somescript.
 >
 > Is there some way I can keep the extension ??
 >
 > I already have this peace of code in the __init__.py of my product:
 > registerFileExtension('js', FSDTMLMethod)

Modern "CMF" versions (I think from 1.3.1 onwards) preserve
the extension for "*.js" files.

There is also a possibility to tell "FSObject/File" via a property
that the extension should be retained.

All this is told in the mailing list (--> archives).
Alternatively, you may look at the source.

Dieter