[Zope-CMF] Link management and CMF

Ausum Studio ausum_studio@hotmail.com
Thu, 24 Apr 2003 23:09:02 +0000

Without mentioning Zope3, who does consider and ObjectHub for the purpose,
how do you currently handle the problem of  maintaining links inside your
text contents? (I think of the kind of problems that use to come up as a
result of moving and/or renaming entire folders from one branch to another.)

While portal_skins' acquisition structure suggest a way to go, provided we
decide to use only auto-generated unique ids (because in that case we would
only need a universal transparent call for every object, something like
<dtml-var objectwithuniqueid>, while keeping them organized in folders),
there's also the issue that links use to live in almost every object
containing a text (textarea), thus turning them into dynamic.

What are your experiences at managing large numbers of links from a CMF
site?

Ausum