[Zope-CMF] Re: [CMF-checkins] CVS: CMF/CMFCore - CatalogTool.py:1.30.4.7

Yuppie schubbe@web.de
Sun, 27 Apr 2003 13:57:14 +0200

Hi Sidnei!

Shane Hathaway wrote:

> Sidnei da Silva wrote:
>
>> getOwner() returns the user, but he doesnt have a local role of Owner.

>> Whats your suggestion to fix this?
>>

> I suggest that we need to fix whatever is not granting the "Owner" local
> role to the user when an object is created.  Without the Owner local
> role, CMF can't do the right thing.  Think of getOwner() as completely
> irrelevant to content ownership.

Could this please be resolved *before* CMF-1.4beta1 is released (on Monday)?

 From the IndexableObjectWrapper interface:

     def allowedRolesAndUsers():
         """
         Return a list of roles and users with View permission.
         Used by PortalCatalog to filter out items you're not allowed
         to see.
         """

If I understand your checkin correctly, allowedRolesAndUsers now returns
users that don't have the local role 'Owner' and might not have a 'View'
permission.

What about reverting your change?

Cheers,

Yuppie