[Zope-CMF] Changing members permission so they cannot add content

J Cameron Cooper jccooper@jcameroncooper.com
Mon, 28 Apr 2003 20:45:26 -0500

> this posting is about a Plone site, but I think regards CMF too, I
> apologise if I am off topic.
> I would like to change the permissions to Members so that they can
> access their area, can look/download content in their area but cannot
> add any content to the portal (basically use the member area as a sort
> of mailbox to receive files added by somebody else).
> I tried several different ways, but I do not manage to get this to work.

Was one of the ways you tried removing the permission "Add Portal
Content" from the role "Members" at the portal level or better? (Making
sure, of course, it is not inherited from above.)

          --jcc