[Zope-CMF] Portal Folder's timestamps

David Hart dhart@atlantisblue.com.au
Tue, 29 Apr 2003 12:27:46 +1000

--------------020702030300060606040003

Tres Seaver wrote:

>On Mon, 2003-04-28 at 13:11, Paul Winkler wrote:
>

>>On Mon, Apr 28, 2003 at 09:36:06PM +0200, Florent Guillaume wrote:
>>

>>>I think the usual answer to this is "PortalFolder is not designed to be
>>>content". It's simply designed to hold subobjects, period. If you want
>>>more, use a mix of SkinnedFolder and PortalContent.
>>>

>>you know, i don't think i've ever understood the distinction.
>>What's an intended use case for SkinnedFolder?
>>

>The major difference is that SkinnedFolders delegate the lookup of their
>default view to their type object, while PortalFolders do the
>"traditional" lookup (for 'index_html').  I can easily envision building
>an entire, large site without ever using PortalFolder at all.

This thread has been a great help to me and probably others! More good
info is available at:

http://cmf.zope.org/Members/rthaden/LocCMFProduct/LocCMFProductHowTo

I encourage the still curious to look at PortalFolder.py,
SkinnedFolder.py, and PloneFolder.py.

-dave

--------------020702030300060606040003

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
Tres Seaver wrote:<br>
 cite="mid1051566333.1427.10.camel@beauty.zope.com">
  <pre wrap="">On Mon, 2003-04-28 at 13:11, Paul Winkler wrote:
  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">On Mon, Apr 28, 2003 at 09:36:06PM +0200, Florent Guillaume wrote:
    </pre>
      <pre wrap="">I think the usual answer to this is "PortalFolder is not designed to be
content". It's simply designed to hold subobjects, period. If you want
more, use a mix of SkinnedFolder and PortalContent.
      </pre>
    <pre wrap="">you know, i don't think i've ever understood the distinction.
What's an intended use case for SkinnedFolder?
    </pre>
  <pre wrap=""><!---->
The major difference is that SkinnedFolders delegate the lookup of their
default view to their type object, while PortalFolders do the
"traditional" lookup (for 'index_html').  I can easily envision building
an entire, large site without ever using PortalFolder at all.</pre>
This thread has been a great help to me and probably others! More good
info is available at:<br>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://cmf.zope.org/Members/rthaden/LocCMFProduct/LocCMFProductHowTo">http://cmf.zope.org/Members/rthaden/LocCMFProduct/LocCMFProductHowTo</a><br>
I encourage the still curious to look at PortalFolder.py,
SkinnedFolder.py, and PloneFolder.py.<br>
-dave<br>

--------------020702030300060606040003--