[Zope-CMF] Understanding Tool Construction

Chris Withers chrisw at nipltd.com
Tue Aug 5 12:03:41 EDT 2003

Edward Muller wrote:
> I was thinking of making customers members of the site, but the default
> install of plone at least (and possibly cmf) allows members to create
> and publish content. While my customers would want some members to be
> able to publish content on the whole site and some others to be able to
> add content to their private spaces, they won't want customers to be
> able to add much beyond product reviews and possibly trouble tickets.

Fiddle with the roles assigned to new members. Then fiddle with the permissions
definted in the root of your portal. Then fiddle with the workflows.

IIRC, the control over who can create what content is not as fien grained as it
could be. I think I was in line to implement it, but I've got a bit bogged down
in work :-(

Did anyone else pick it up?

cheers,

Chris