[Zope-CMF] More subsite / shared content thoughts

Gerry Kirk geraldok at shaw.ca
Tue Dec 9 22:11:14 EST 2003

Robert suggested to me that another way to deal with multi sites that
share content, skins and users is to create each site as a plone / cmf
site. There would be a site above all the other sites that has a common
catalog for sharing content, as well as a common set of skins.

I don't fully understand this approach, including how one could update
two catalogs as needed.

It does seem like a clean approach in a lot of other ways, requiring
less customization of plone... although the thought of making changes to
70 sites instead of one like with a product install would necessitate a
lot more scripting. :)

Gerry