[Zope-CMF] Re: [dev] Dublin Core Creator(s): a small proposal

Tonico Strasser contact_tonico at yahoo.de
Mon Dec 15 15:51:33 EST 2003

Yuppie wrote:

> Hi!
>

> I had a closer look at <http://collector.zope.org/CMF/25> and this is
> how I think this issue should be resolved:
>
> - The Creator method should return a sequence of creators like in Zope
> X3 and like Contributors() already does.
>
> - Because the name Creator doesn't sound like a sequence and existing
> code expects a string as return value, I propose to add a Creators
> method and to mark the Creator method as deprecated.

Hello,

'Creators' is not an element of the Dublin Core standard. Therefore I
would not mark 'Creator' as deprecated because it is an element of the
standard[1].

'Creator' could be a string representation of the sequence 'Creators':

   Creators = ['Name 1', 'Name 2', ...]
   Creator = "Name 1, Name 2, ..."

[1] <http://dublincore.org/documents/usageguide/elements.shtml#creator>

Tonico