[Zope-CMF] Re: STX default level - CMF doesn't use Zope's default?

Yuppie schubbe at web.de
Sat Dec 20 14:47:26 EST 2003

Hi!

Alexander Limi wrote:
> Thanks for the pointer. Seeing as Zope has a setting for this already,
> shouldn't CMF use that instead of a hardcoded default?

I'd agree that it doesn't make much sense to have a per item setting for
the STX level. _stx_level is useful to store the STX level used for the
cached cooked_text, not as a default value.

But I doubt using the Zope default is the Right Thing:

- You want to have 2 as default, Zope default is 3 and some other
products might need level 1.

- STX_DEFAULT_LEVEL was added in Zope 2.6, CMF is still compatible to
Zope 2.4.3. So we would need at least a fallback solution.

Just some thoughts. Don't know what the Right Thing would be. And I can
well live with passing in the STX level argument to CookedBody if necessary.

Cheers,
	Yuppie