[Zope-CMF] Auto create error page

Tres Seaver tseaver@zope.com
08 Feb 2003 22:50:27 -0500

On Sat, 2003-02-08 at 14:52, Sim Harbert wrote:
> OK, I guess it wouldn't be able to know whether the user will be able to
> create the page.   It could just have a "create page" link for anyone
> hitting the error page.
>
> I guess I am just musing around for easier ways to create and edit
> pages.  I like the idea of being able to create pages quickly in the
> Wiki style.  In CMF/Plone it is a bit tedious to create pages,
> especially of sub-folders.  Once I create a link on a page, I have to
> click on the folder on the left "navigation" area.  Then I have to click
> "Switch to Contents view".  Then I have to select "Document" and then
> click on "Add".  And through all of that I have to remember the exact
> document id that I set as the link name.
>
> Am I expecting too much?  I guess I really liked the Wiki system for
> putting a question mark next to a new wiki-name.  Maybe it would be
> possible to add that to the structured text handler when a user is
> logged in...  Seems like it would a lot of complexity to everything.
>
> -Sim
>
> Dieter Maurer wrote:
>
> >Sim Harbert wrote at 2003-2-8 11:45 -0500:
> > > What I would really like for my CMF/Plone sites is for the error page to
> > > have a "create" button which allows me to create non-existent pages if I
> > > have permission to do that.  Has anyone every come up with a system like
> > > that?  It would make it more Wiki-like, and
> >Very difficult:
> >
> >  When Zope does not find the requested page, it does not
> >  perform authentication and therefore, does not know
> >  the user.

You might be able to hook the '__before_publishing_traverse__' method on
a folder using an Access Rule, and have it return a special object (like
the 'folder_factories' template) pre-loaded with the ID used for
traversal.

BTW, good to see you on this list, Sim.  I hope all is well for you; are
you still in the Atlanta area?