[Zope-CMF] [dev] renaming /Members: a small proposal

Yuppie schubbe@web.de
Sun, 09 Feb 2003 12:29:32 +0100

Hi!

Florent Guillaume wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-01-24 at 19:18, Andy McKay wrote:
>
>>>Doing this in a easily parameterizable [is that a word?] way is simple,
>>>but the code has to be written. I think it's on the list of things to do
>>>soon.
>>
>>Maybe we could add this to 1.4, its been discussed a few times. Is doing
>>this sometime in the next month or so feasible?
>

> The backend part definitely, it's a 15 minutes work.
> What UI do you envision? A property in portal_properties, called
> 'members_folder', containing the name of the attribute at the root of
> the CMF and defaulting to 'Members'? Or containing something more
> general, like an arbitrary path relative to the portal (overkill I
> think)?

I'd prefer to have this on the 'Configuration' tab of portal_membership,
there is already the 'setMemberareaCreationFlag' UI. But I don't know if
there is a policy to move all settings to portal_properties.

A small proposal:
=================

I'd like to have this default value in MembershipTool:

     membersfolder_id = 'Members'

and add these methods to the portal_membership interface:

     def setMembersFolder(id='Members'):
         """ Set the members folder object.

         The members folder has to be in the same container as the
         membership tool. id is the id of an existing folder. If id is
         None, member areas are disabled.

         Permission -- Manage portal
         """

     def getMembersFolder():
         """ Get the members folder object.

         If no members folder is set or the set folder id doesn't exist,
         None is returned.

         Permission -- Always available

         Returns -- Members folder object or None
         """

If someone wants something more general, he just needs to override these
  two methods.

Comments are welcome.

Cheers,

Yuppie