[Zope-CMF] Multilingual site with CMF/Plone?

Greg Ward gward@python.net
Mon, 10 Feb 2003 15:15:42 -0500

On 10 February 2003, Erik Lange said:
> I believe the "CMF/Plone" perception you have of how things are working, is
> wrong :-(
>
> Plone is not a standard CMF product, and many product that works in a
> default CMFinstallation doesn't work with Plone.

Ahh, OK, thank you.  Good thing you told me that *before* I spent a lot
of time trying to learn how to write a CMF product under the naive
expectation that it would "just work" with Plone.

I guess I should ask on the Plone list, but do you know if there's any
documentation for writing products for Plone?  As I recall, the Plone
book has space set aside for this, but the content currently there is
nil.

> And yes - we have succesfully done multilingual sites with default CMF and
> localiser... but not with Plone.

Hmm, two good data points.  If I may get nosy a moment, have you *tried*
to create a multilingual site with Plone and failed, or have you simply
not made the effort yet?  If the former, got any advice on what does not
work?

        Greg
--
Greg Ward <gward@python.net>                         http://www.gerg.ca/