[Zope-CMF] Multilingual site with CMF/Plone?

Erik Lange erik@digitalforbruger.dk
Mon, 10 Feb 2003 22:39:43 +0100

At 09:09 PM 2/10/03, Andy McKay wrote:
>>For now my experience is, that if you use Plone, you can't expect=20
>>anything else to work with it.
>
>I do find that a bit of an oversimplification. I'm able to take many "off=
=20
>the shelf" or "default" CMF products and use them with Plone. Sometimes=20
>the skin needs fiddling with, but that's about it.

Well.. for un-experienced CMF-coders, I would say that's a bit of=20
oversimplification ;-)

Plone is a great product out-of-box, but people expect, that they can use=20
other CMF products together with Plone, out-of-the-box too, and often they=
=20
can't - and that's where people have trouble, IMHO ;-)

In other words; if you're going to use other products than included with=20
Plone, you must be ready to do some re-coding yourself, to get them to work=
=20
with Plone. And it's my impression, that most new Plone-users aren't ready=
=20
for that, because they get the impression that Plone works with all=20
standard CMF-products, out-of-the-box - which it doesn't.

Therefore I belive that the "CMF/Plone" perception is misleading... should=
=20
be CMF _or_ Plone, IMHO ;-)

I'm looking forward to the day, where we can use default CMF-products=20
out-of-box with Plone, but as your answer says, the Plone-dudes aren't=20
quite there yet...

Regards,
Erik Lange
--

Om den nye ophavsretlov:
"Det skal nok blive sjovt at forklare min s=F8n om det!

Henrik Lund Kramsh=F8j