[Zope-CMF] Multilingual site with CMF/Plone?

Erik Lange erik@digitalforbruger.dk
Wed, 12 Feb 2003 23:10:55 +0100

At 05:17 PM 2/12/03, Paul Winkler wrote:
> want,
> > >
> > >CMF Default != CMF
> >
> > Hmm.. did I say anything about CMF Default above ?
>
>Yes.  "if the CMF is ugly" implies CMFDefault, because
>CMFCore does not look like anything.

Sorry, that was not what I meant.. I'm aware of the difference ;-)

The statement "if the CMF is ugly / broken / incorrect or doesn't do what
we want" is a quote from one of Andy's ealier posts... anyway, I still
believe suggestions or improvements will be appriciated, both for CMF Core
and CMF Default.

But chosing another path - i.e. devoloping an alternative CMF
implementation - is ofcourse also a valid way to go.

What I'm trying to say is, that most people aren't aware that Plone has
chosen another path, and therefore aren't aware of the difference between
the CMF Default implementaion and Plone's implementation.

If Plone really is going in another direction, I think this should be made
clear and documented, so it doesn't come as a suprise to new users, when
they are trying to use products that are bulid "the old fashion way". Plone
started out being just a skin for CMF - now it's a hole new CMF
implementation,  but is still seen as some nice looking skins and some
ekstra functions to the raw standard CMF.

Just look at the subject of this thread: "... CMF/Plone" implies, that
there is no difference in the implementation, and that's (IMHO) the big
misunderstanding among new Zopistas, and that's what I'm trying to bring to
these new Zope/CMF users attention, when I see it. That's all I'm saying -
okay ?

Kind regards,
Erik Lange