[Zope-CMF] New to Zope

george donnelly list@zettai.net
Sat, 15 Feb 2003 10:24:19 -0500

[Daryl Middleton wrote (dmidd@chartermi.net) on 2/15/03 8:54 AM]

> I am using Windows 2000 with Zope 2.6 and tried to install CMF 1.3.  The
> directions suggest to intall into a path beginning with Instance_Home and or
> Software_Home.  I am unable to locate Instance_Home or Software_Home.  Do I
> have to create this new path or  am I using the wrong version of Zope? Zope
> 2.6 has been working fine on Windows 2000.

you have to create that path, and actually you can name it whatever you
want. You might want to use Zope 2.6.1 as its the latest stable version.

also, its not necessary to install with an instance_home config, especially
if you are just testing on your home machine. you can just go with the
default layout that zope comes with.

just be careful when upgrading because you could overwrite your data.

hth

<-->
george donnelly - http://zettai.net/ - "We Love Newbies" :)
Zope Hosting - Dynamic Website Design - Search Engine Promotion
Yahoo, AIM: zettainet - ICQ: 51907738 - e:george@zettai.net