[Zope-CMF] customizing workflows

william milnor wmilnor@soforext.net
Tue, 18 Feb 2003 14:01:14 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01C2D756.482E7A40

Hey everybody,

I have installed DC Workflow on my server.  I have added a
default_workflow (Web-configurable workflow [Revision 2]).  Everything
seems to work fine except the only members that see 'Pending Review(1)'
in their actions list are those that have 'Review Portal Content'
permission at the root of my CMF site.  For instance, I create a folder
called foo in my root.  I give user X the reviewer role at the root
level and I give user Y the reviewer role at the level of foo.  If a
user Z submits a piece of content called bar (associated with the new
workflow), X sees a link for items pending review, but Y does not see
the same link in his actions list.  Now, user y is able to traverse to
foo and is can even publish bar; so his permissions do not seem to be
the problem.  In fact, if I now give Y the reviewer role at the root, he
does see a link for items pending review.

Has anyone customized a workflow and come across this problem?  Any help
would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01C2D756.482E7A40

<head>
charset=3Dus-ascii">

<!--
 /* Style Definitions */
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{font-family:Arial;
	color:windowtext;}
@page Section1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in;}
div.Section1
	{page:Section1;}
-->

</head>

style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;

style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;

style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>I have installed DC Workflow on my server.&nbsp; I =
have
added a </span></font>default_workflow (Web-configurable workflow =
[Revision 2]).&nbsp;
Everything seems to work fine except the only members that see =
&#8216;Pending Review(1)&#8217;
in their actions list are those that have &#8216;Review Portal =
Content&#8217;
permission at the root of my CMF site.&nbsp; For instance, I create a =
folder
called foo in my root.&nbsp; I give user X the reviewer role at the root =
level
and I give user Y the reviewer role at the level of foo.&nbsp; If a user =
submits a piece of content called bar (associated with the new =
workflow), X
sees a link for items pending review, but Y does not see the same link =
in his
actions list.&nbsp; Now, user y is able to traverse to foo and is can =
even
publish bar; so his permissions do not seem to be the problem.&nbsp; In =
fact,
if I now give Y the reviewer role at the root, he <b><span =
style=3D'font-weight:

style=3D'font-size:

style=3D'font-size:
12.0pt'>Has anyone customized a workflow and come across this =
problem?&nbsp; Any

style=3D'font-size:

style=3D'font-size:

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01C2D756.482E7A40--