[Zope-CMF] entering prefs when logged in from above results in orphans

Colin Leath cleath@j9k.org
Tue, 18 Feb 2003 18:41:46 -0500 (EST)

Hello,
when I, logged in as the manager who created the portal,
fill out my preferences,
this results in orphaned memberdata,

and the following script:

print context.portal_membership.getMemberById('myManagerId').email
return printed

results in

Error Type: AttributeError
Error Value: 'None' object has no attribute 'email'

(even though I filled in my email, and the preferences page retrieves it
just fine)

aha!

which means,
getMemberById is not successful,
while
getAuthenticatedMember

is!

either way- modding one's prefs results in

Number of "orphaned" members without user record: 1

searches
of
http://collector.zope.org/CMF/collector_contents?searching=yep&SearchableText=orphan&status%3Alist%3Aignore_empty=Accepted&status%3Alist%3Aignore_empty=Deferred&status%3Alist%3Aignore_empty=Pending&status%3Alist%3Aignore_empty=Rejected&status%3Alist%3Aignore_empty=Resolved

returns nothing.

I'll put it in the collector if no one suggests otherwise-

Colin