[Zope-CMF] Again: Adding content types selectively

Florent Guillaume fg@nuxeo.com
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 15:22:29 +0000 (UTC)

Rainer Thaden  <Thadi@gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I try to figure out how to do that:
> let's say there are content types Project and Publication. In the
> portal root there are two portal folders 'Projects' and
> 'Publications'.
> Question: is it possible to allow only the addition of the appropriate
> content type in the corresponding folder?
> When I turn off 'implicitely addable' in the two content types, they
> are not addable any more. How do i tell the folders that only the
> correct types can be added?

If you want different "object add" policies, you must have different
portal types. Just create a new portal type derived from Folder, and
change the content types it's allowed to contain.

Florent