[Zope-CMF] Login oddities

Greg Ward gward@python.net
Thu, 20 Feb 2003 10:46:44 -0500

On 20 February 2003, To zope-cmf@zope.org said:
> ...so I'm still trying to create a "members-only" CMF site, and not
> having much luck.  Here's the latest problem: if I create a user with
> role "Manager" or "Member", I can login with that user ID -- but if that
> user is an "Owner" or "Reviewer", no dice.

Update: this problem doesn't appear to have anything to do with the
"members-only" site: I created yet another brand-new CMF site, and
didn't touch any privileges or the login form this time.  Added a user
for each role: man (Manager), member (Member), owner (Owner) and rev
(Reviewer), as well as 'luser' with no roles.

'man' and 'member' can login just fine.  'owner', 'rev', and 'luser'
cannot login at all.  Nothing is logged, and there's no information on
the regenerated login form.

So what's going on here?  Does user authentication even work in CMF 1.3?

        Greg
--
Greg Ward <gward@python.net>                         http://www.gerg.ca/
I just heard the SEVENTIES were over!!  And I was just getting in touch