[Zope-CMF] possible to have catalog & ownership tied to portal_url?

Tres Seaver tseaver@zope.com
20 Feb 2003 15:24:36 -0500

On Thu, 2003-02-20 at 14:08, Colin Leath wrote:

> Would it be possible, in a future release of cmf, to tie the catalog path
> values and ownership values to portal_url?

+1, provided my usual caveat of "forward compatibility".

> This might be a way of making it simple to move cmf sites from vhost to
> vhost.
>
> If it already is-let me know!

It has been proposed before, I'm pretty sure.  Collector issue #111 is
about another effect of this same problem.  I'd gladly take a patch
which did this, as long as the patch added a knob to the portal_catalog
object to iterate over entries catalogued with full paths and truncate
them.