[Zope-CMF] Re: Extending a Plone Object - Next problem

Florent Guillaume fg@nuxeo.com
21 Feb 2003 18:59:29 +0100

On Fri, 2003-02-21 at 18:53, Sim Harbert wrote:
> This is exactly why I don't want to extend the event type it with the
> "scriptable type" method.  It isn't adding the fields that is hard, but
> creating all the editing and viewing templates.

Well, you'll have to do that in any case if you want a customized
interface.

> For what you want to do:
>
> Once you rename the "event_edit_form", then you need to change what
> happens when that form is submitted, both on success and failure.
>
> I am looking up where all that stuff is... Those are strangely not
> associated with the form itself, but are in
> "portal_properties/navigation_properties".  You need to look at
> "default.event_edit*" properties.  I added the ones for my new form to
> get things for myself last week, and can't remember exactly which ones
> it was.  I think it is "default.myevent_edit_form.success" (and failure).

That's not CMF, that's the Plone framework that complexifies form
handling quite a bit. You may want to ask about it in the specialized
Plone lists.

Florent