[Zope-CMF] Strange way to make multiple author and reviewer roles in Zope CMF

David Cain dacain@library.syr.edu
Fri, 21 Feb 2003 13:26:41 -0500

If I want to add someone as an author to a folder called bsd/ I simply
go to local roles under bsd/ and add them as an "owner" role on that
folder.

To add someone as a local reviewer (local reviewers cannot see all
content for review on the portal):
 o I go to local roles on that folder and add their account with
"reviewer" role.
 o I then must go to portal_catalog/ and press Update Catalog.

To remove a reviewer from that folder:
 o I go to local roles and add remove their account
 o I then must go to portal_catalog/ and press Update Catalog.  If they
had other roles, I must add their account back with those roles.

Can anyone tell my why this works?  And more importantly, is there an
easier solution to this?

I don't feel comfortable updating the catalog.

David Cain
Senior Web Developer, Information Systems Department
Syracuse University Library
Syracuse, New York 13244-2010
(315) 443-5923
mailto:dacain@library.syr.edu