[Zope-CMF] CMF 1.3.1 beta 1 released
26 Feb 2003 08:33:21 -0500
Zope Corporation is pleased to announce the first beta release of
version 1.3.1 of the Zope Content Management Framework. This release
consists primarily of bug fixes for version 1.3, released in August,
2002. It is a "release candidate"; the final release will follow in
a week, presuming no "showstopper" bugs are found.
What is the CMF?
The Zope Content Management Framework provides a set of
services and content objects useful for building highly
dynamic, content-oriented portal sites. As packaged, the
CMF generates a site much like the Zope.org site. The CMF is
intended to be easily customizable, in terms of both the
types of content used and the policies and services it
Where do I get it?
Download it from "cmf.zope.org":/download/CMF-1.3.1beta1 .
It is available both as a "Windows ZIP
file":CMF-1.3.1beta1.zip and as a "Unix tar/gzip
archive":CMF-1.3.1beta1.tar.gz . Please read the "release
notes":README.txt , the "change history":CHANGES.txt ,
and the "installation instructions":INSTALL.txt.
Where do I go to learn more?
The "CMF mailing list":mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org has many
participants who are active in supporting the CMF.
...to report bugs?
The "CMF Collector":http://collector.zope.org/CMF is ths place
to report bugs (please search for existing reports of your
New Features in 1.3.1beta1
- Implemented PUT and GET support to CMFCalendar.Event for
editing via FTP/WebDAV (thanks to Sidnei da Silva).
Bug Fixes in 1.3.1beta1
- Fixed incorrect security declaration in File.py (Collector #91).
- Remove over-helpful default argument values in
'CMFDefault.DefaultDublinCoreImpl._editMetadata'. Now, if
called without a value for an argument, the method will not
change that value. Collector #10.
- Remove workaround in CMFCore.utils for recognizing links in
StructuredText: STX in CMF content should now recognize exactly
the same links as the underlying Zope. Note that we *do* still
provide a customized HTML class, to permit embedding images
without generating the "whole" page. Collector #6.
- Remove bizarre, shadowing import of CMFCore.utils as 'utils'
into package namespace of CMFDefault; instead, import specific
names from that package directly (thanks to Paul Winkler for
pointing out the incongruity).
- Fix (theoretical) bug in CMFCore.DirectoryView which allowed
non-registered directories to slip through (UI didn't exercise
- Merge Christian Theune's fix for funky default argument values on
CMFCalendar.Event's constructor and edit methods (collector #76).
- FSPageTemplates overwrote a user-generated 'Content-Type' header.
We now check to make sure a Content-Type header is not already set
before allowing a page template to set its own.
- Fixed bugs around 'addActionProvider' in ActionsTool (Collector
- Fixed race condition in lazy initialization of filesystem-based
skin methods; the bug led to odd name errors on 'context' for
FSPythonScripts (Collector #37).
- Removed crufty 'isDesktop' stuff from 'folder_factories' and
- Fixed HTML-invalidating call to 'filterCookie' in
- Fixed unclosed 'tr' element in ZPT version of 'folder_edit_form'
- Fixed CalendarTool to use portal_type and not Type to search for
events in the catalog (Collector #28, thanks to Heimo Laukkanen
for the report).
- Fixed a bug in CalendarTool where events were not showing on the
last day of the month.
Tres Seaver email@example.com
Zope Corporation "Zope Dealers" http://www.zope.com