[Zope-CMF] [dev] CMF 1.4 alpha

Tres Seaver tseaver@zope.com
26 Feb 2003 08:45:39 -0500

On Wed, 2003-02-26 at 04:28, Andreas Jung wrote:
> Talking of CMF 1.4 alpha....
>
> With Zope 2.7 with support for reStructuredText. I would be extremly fine to
> support reST in CMF 1.4 as well. Someone proposed to work on a general
> portal_text tool (can't remember the details and who it was). If no one
> is working  on this issue I propose that PortalDocument should have built-in
> reST support as additional content-type.

Not likely, given the time frame, and the dependency on 2.7.

I would rather see the kinks worked out of the 'portal_text' tool in
a standalone product, which would offer a TextToolAwareDocument class
as a replacement for the CMFDefault's Document.

We could then fold in the tool and the document class into another
release (or even just include the formerly-separate product).