[Zope-CMF] WorkflowMethod

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Fri, 10 Jan 2003 21:24:31 +0100

Mark McEahern wrote at 2003-1-9 10:02 -0600:
 > For my portal types, I assume I should have an edit() method and that it
 > should be wrapped as a WorkflowMethod(), but I'm really not sure what
 > exactly this buys me.
The idea (old use cases found on "cmf.zope.org") has been that
you can control the method execution by your workflow:

  When the worflow state does not allow the corresponding transition.
  you cannot call the method.

Unfortunately, this is broken in CMF 1.3:

  When the workflow state does not allow the transition, the
  method is called anyway.

I decided to forget about WorkflowMethods after this experience.

Dieter